Powerpole Adapter for the Yaesu FT-817 and FT-818 (includes Powerpole lead)
The FT-817 is a great radio but it does have a few weakness. A common problem that users encounter is the failure of the DC input connector on the rear panel. In use any stresses and strains from the power lead tend to make the DC power socket in the radio shear off the printed circuit board causing intermittent operation which usually leads to total failure. The socket is a surface mount item and thus is hard to replace – and even if replaced, it is likely to fail again.
This neat adapter, from Jon N0WL, screws to the rear of the FT-817/818 and removes any strain from the connector. It is fitted with PowerPole connectors (of course). We supply it with a ready-made lead with a PowerPole connector already fitted. Lead length approx. 1 m = 3 ft. Fitting time for the adapter, about 3 minutes (and that’s only if you take time finding your screwdriver). An easy upgrade that will save you money in the long run.
This adapter is suitable for all models of the FT-817 and also fits the FT-818.
- This is simply the best power solution for the most popular portable ham radio on the market!
- Its compact design allows it to become a permanent part of your FT-817, FT-817ND or FT-818
- Quit worrying about voltage drop on the stock adapter’s low gauge wire
- No more broken barrel plugs stuck in your radio.
- Simple to install: Just put the plug into the radio while placing the plastic shell over the radio’s ground post. Then screw in. You can still use the screw to ground your radio.
- The hard-plastic 3D printed shell protects the PowerPole® and barrel plug while staying within the footprint of the rear of the radio.
- Fabricated with genuine Anderson PowerPoles® and other quality components.
- Includes extended length grounding screw.
Occasionally the adapters may be a tight fit on the FT-817. If this is the case the mounting hole can easily be opened up by handwith a 7.5mm (19/64th inch) drill bit.