The NEW Tactical Mini Compact ultra-portable 6 metre telescopic mast
- Small enough to fit in a rucksack
- Tall enough to support your antenna
- Light enough to hike up a mountain
- Strong enough to withstand nature’s worst
Lightweight portable operators need something special to support their antennas. The new Tactical Mini has been designed for exactly this role. In the most demanding conditions, the Tactical Mini will not let you down. The Tactical Mini is a great support for our popular Band Hopper 2 and Band Hopper 3 antennas (not recommended for Band Hopper 4). The Tactical Mini is perfect to support a ground-plane antenna for 20m, dipoles and end-fed halfwave antennas.
- Heavy gauge pole sections—the perfect balance of strength, stiffness and weight for more demanding applications
- Super short packed length for easy transport in a rucksack
- Fits in aircraft carry-on baggage (always check before flying!)
- The very best extended length for tactical use in extreme conditions
- Telescopic – perfect for rapid deployment
- Military colours for low visual signature
- Camouflage carry bag with draw string
- Built-in base shock absorber
- Non-conducting low-loss fibreglass construction
- Hollow top-section allows wires to be fed through
- Screw-cap base allows field repairs and section swap-outs
- Perfect for use with our Band Hopper antenna range
”Every lightweight portable specialist needs a Tactical Mini in their armoury”
The Tactical Mini is our most compact premium mast
- Multi-function guying kit
- Guying hardware pack
Extended length: 6 metres (19.6 ft). Lengths approximate
Packed length: 56 cm (22.1 inches)
Number of sections: 11
Wall thickness: 1 mm (0.04 inches) bottom, 1 mm (0.04 inches) top
Weight: 0.7 kg (1.5 lbs)
Mast Material: heavy-duty glass-fiber composite (non-conducting for best RF performance)
Tube diameter: top 4 mm (0.16 inches) base 39 mm (1.53 inches)
Base cap diameter: 47 mm (1.85 inches)
Tube colour: Pantone 19-0622 TPX Military Olive
Mast sections hollow to the top
Supplied with camouflage carry bag with drawstring
High impact foam shock absorber built into base.
The mast is made of Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) = Fiberglass. This is an insulator with excellent RF properties (very low loss).
The packed length can be reduced to 54.2 cm by removing the top and bottom caps – useful in some airline carry-on bags. The maximum dimension for an airline carry-on bag is typically 56 x 35 x 22 cm.
Friction lock: pull each section firmly with a twisting motion for best lock. When erecting always start with the smallest section. When taking down always start with the largest section.
Mast sections may be removed by unscrewing the endcap at the bottom of the mast, pulling out the shock absorber and removing unwanted sections. Always replace the shock absorber before use.
We provide spares support for the Tactical Mini:
- Replacement mast sections
- Spare shock absorbers
- Spare camouflage bags
All dimensions approximate.