The NEW ’Carbon-6’ Compact ultra-light 6 metre telescopic mast
Carbon-fibre has an unmatched strength to weight ratio, which is why it is used on all modern passenger aircraft. The Carbon-6 leverages this characteristic to your advantage!
- Small enough to fit in a rucksack
- Tall enough to support your antenna
- Super-lightweight carbon-fibre construction
- Amazingly strong considering its light weight and length
- Made specifically for SOTABEAMS
- The perfect light-duty mast
Ultra-lightweight portable operators need something special to support their antennas. The new Carbon-6 has been designed for exactly this role.
- Super short packed length for easy transport in a rucksack
- Amazingly light – so light that you can take it ”just in case”
- Fits easily in aircraft carry-on baggage (always check before flying!)
- Telescopic – perfect for rapid deployment
- Black carry bag with tie-string
- Carbon-fibre construction (measured loss < 0.1dB).
- Screw-on base cap allows field repairs and section swap-outs
An optional extra is our Mini Pole Stake Kit which makes your Carbon-6 even easier to use!
”Every ultra-lightweight portable specialist needs a Carbon-6 in their go-pack”
Notes: The Carbon-6 has been manufactured specifically for SOTABEAMS. Carbon fibre masts are slightly conductive and so extra care must be taken when using them near power-lines. These masts are suitable for supporting lightweight horizontal antennas or inverted vees and vertical antenna. Because of their flexibility, we recommend a maximum antenna height of 5 metres (15 ft). We do not recommend using these masts for supporting the centre of dipoles (with feeders) due to the weight of such an arrangement. They are perfect for supporting lightweight end-fed wire antennas.
Friction lock: pull each section firmly with a twisting motion for best lock. When erecting always start with the smallest section. When taking down always start with the largest section.
Mast sections may be removed by unscrewing the endcap at the bottom of the mast and removing unwanted sections.
Extended length: 6 metres (19.6 ft). Lengths approximate – click here to find out more.
Packed length: 43 cm (17 inches)
Number of sections: 18
Wall thickness: 1 mm (0.04 inches) bottom
Weight: 300 g (10.6 Oz.)
Mast Material: carbon fibre
Tube diameter: top 2.4 mm, base 31 mm (1.2 inches)
Base cap diameter: 32 mm (1.25 inches)
Tube colour: white (base), black (other sections)
Supplied with black carry bag with tie-string
Q. Will a carbon mast attenuate my signal?
A. Not in any significant way! The worst-case loss for the Carbon-6 is less than 0.1dB (measured with a coil wound around the mast).
Q. Will a Carbon-6 mast support my Band Hopper antenna?
A. No. The Carbon-6 mast is best used with lightweight endfed antennas. For Band Hoppers we recommend the Tactical 7000hds (BH 2+3+4), Tactical Mini (BH 2+3) or Travel Mast (BH 2+3+4)